Based in Viborg, Denmark
Jazon and the Dead is a style-rich, blood-splashed, top-down, action-adventure game that mixes brain-twisting puzzles with an engaging narrative, dark humor and a hip 80’s vibe. Coming to PC and Mac in 2017. The game’s stark comic book visuals set this game apart from others in the genre. The game uses gritty textures and a rich palette of blacks, reds and greys to present the bleak story, mood and setting of Jazon’s wasteland. Jason and the Dead is heavily inspired by old horror and B- movies (Night of the Living Dead and Braindead), with visuals influenced by comic book artists such as Mike Mignola, Charlie Adlard and Frank Miller. As the game starts, Jazon wakes up disoriented in the restroom of a bar and he doesn’t remember a thing. As he leaves the bar, he finds a ruined world ruled by zombies and scumbags. As Jazon travels across the wasteland, he must discover his past to save the future. Along the way he meets Zoey, a wasteland veteran who just wants to forget about her history. Together they visit the oracle in the mountains, who foresees a prophecy leading them on an epic odyssey to save humanity from complete annihilation.
2nd Studio joins forces with Michael Valeur, the co-writer of Total Overdose and Blackout, to create this adventure. The development started back in 2013 and the project has since then only grown. The studio worked on the game in between work-for-hire projects, and it's the studios first major game. 2nd Studio is known for creating game art assets for studios like Disney, Kiloo and others.
- Player-driven story where you must weigh the consequences of your choices. The story is divided into acts, each with bridging cinematic scenes that focus on different aspects of human nature.
- Fight your way through hordes of zombies with a heavy gun or bloody fist. Ammunition is scarce so you need to make every shot count! Dash and push zombies out of your way to survive through close combat.
- Explore a world inspired by 80’s sci-fi B-movies with chunky old technology and lots of blood and gore. Your journey takes you through deserts, abandoned towns, underground caves, surviving cities and military facilities.
- Puzzle your way out of tense situations before the slow, brain devouring creatures reach you. Work cleverly with corpses in the world -- as weights or to stand on to reach your destination.
- Groovy 80's inspired soundtrack. Nothing less will do it.
Jazon and the Dead - Reveal Trailer - Fig Crowdfunding Campaign 2016 YouTube
Jazon and the Dead - Presentation Video - Fig Crowdfunding Campaign 2016 YouTube
Jazon and the Dead - 30 Seconds Of Gameplay - Teaser Trailer 2016 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie Showcase Winner, Finalist at Develop:Brighton 2016" Brighton - 2016
- "Official Selection, Made with Unity/The Mix, Unite 2016" Amsterdam - 2016
- "Official Selection, Indie Prize 2014 Casual Connect Europe" Amsterdam - 2014
- "Official Selection, Game Expo VAF Conference 2014" Viborg, Denmark - October, 2016
- "Official Selection, Select/Start Play Conference 2014" Viborg, Denmark - October, 2014
- " Jazon and the Dead seems to combine some of the best features of the other zombie games and it certainly has more emotional depth than Extraction and Dead Nation. "
- Ryan Eastman, The Game Fanatics
- "...showcasing its beautiful art style and atmosphere alongside shooting the hordes of the undead and burning the environment a little bit."
- FBG, Future Beta Gamer
- "Jazon and the Dead is an amazing work in progress"
- Game Jolt, Game Jolt
- "Jazon looks phenomenal!"
- Butterscotch Shenanigans, Butterscotch Shenanigans
About 2nd Studio
2nd Studio is an independent collaboration of amazing talent driven by creativity, unique ideas, synergy and coffee. The artistic side is mixed with technical skills in 3d animation, computer graphics, design and concept art. The results are films and games.
More information on 2nd Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Jazon and the Dead Credits
Game Director and Technical Director
Game Director and Art Director
Kasper F. Mikkelsen
Jeppe B. Døcher